Elastic Resistance bands are made of strong, thin rubber, and come in a variety of resistances depending on your fitness level. With elastic resistance bands, you can do just about any type of strength training exercise chest presses, tricep extensions, bicep curls, rows, shoulder presses, and even squats without the need for heavy weights.
If you've never tried elastic resistance bands, or you're new to them, you may be surprised at how much benefit you can get from what is essentially a reinforced rubber band.
1. Used with Familiar Exercises — You can often use familiar strength training moves with elastic resistance bands, which means you don't need to learn a complicated new routine. For instance,
elastic resistance bands can replace the weights you use for biceps curls or can increase the intensity of your push-ups.
2. Adaptable for Multiple Fitness Levels — Whether you're a beginner or an expert, elastic resistance bands are for you. They come in a variety of resistances, including light, medium and heavy, and you can further adjust the intensity of your resistance-band workouts by giving the band more or less slack. You can even use multiple bands at once to increase the challenge.
Incredibly Cost-Effective — Elastic resistance bands are inexpensive and can be purchased for under $30.
4. Whole-Body Exercises - Elastic resistance bands can be used for a comprehensive, full-body workout that challenges virtually every major muscle group in your body.
5. Save on Storage Space — Elastic resistance bands take up virtually no space to store them, which means you can use them at home even if you have very little extra space. When your workout is done, simply stash them in a drawer until your next session.
6. Add Variety — Your muscles quickly adapt to movements you do often, which is why adding variety to your workouts is key for challenging your muscles. Elastic resistance bands can be alternated with free weights and exercise machines for ongoing variety.
7. Easy for Travelling — Elastic resistance bands are lightweight and easily portable. You can stash them in your suitcase when traveling and use them to get a good workout right in your hotel room.
8. Easy to Use Alone — It's not a good idea to lift heavy weights without an exercise buddy, but elastic resistance bands can be safely used on your own. They're ideal for exercising any time, at home or on the road.
9. Combined with Other Equipment — Elastic resistance bands are so versatile that you can even use them along with weights, allowing you to get the benefits of two types of exercises at once.10. An Effective Workout — Elastic resistance bands are incredibly simple, but they're also extremely effective at working your muscles. Additionally, elastic resistance band training can help you boost stamina, flexibility, a range of motion and more.